Makerhaus, opened in the former evo space, offers a broad selection of interesting classes - many starting now! Photo by K. Lindsay, May '13
Makerhaus, the new membership workshop in Fremont, offers a variety of classes for those who make things, and those who want to learn to make other things. Several interesting classes and seminars are starting up in the next few weeks, and registration is open to Makerhaus members and non-members.
On May 14th, a six-week course (held Tuesdays from 6:30p – 9p) begins on the basics of how to ‘Build A Company In Six Weeks,’ taught by Marc Barros. Learn how to turn your idea into a real, thriving company, with hands-on lessons on developing a successful business that can live on for a long time.
Each class will focus on a specific facet of building a company:
- Week 1 – Developing An Idea, including a product you can build
- Week 2 – Customer, Product And Market Development, with a sustainable business model
- Week 3 – Team & Company Building, creating values, managing people and founding a company you can be proud of
- Week 4 – Funding Your Company, investors and funding
- Week 5 – Scaling the Company, managing growth and expanding beyond the initial team
- Week 6 – Presenting Your Company, with a fun presentation of what you’ve built
The instructor, Marc Barros, co-founded Contour Cameras, a hands-free camera company that makes action video easy to capture and share. A graduate of the University of Washington, Barros led Contour from a garage to a multi-million dollar company with award-winning products sold in over 40 countries.
Join this, or one of the other classes being offered at Makerhaus. Classes have limited registration so sign-up now, and expect to be able to ask specific questions about your dreams. The ‘Build a Company in Six Weeks’ will be held on Tuesdays, from May 14th – June 18th, 2013, and registration is $299.25 for Makerhaus members, $399.00 for non-members. Register on-line today.