For the 4th year Fremont will be overrun with Zombies, for the 2012 Red, White & Dead Zombie Walk to take place this Saturday, July 7th, from Noon – 8p. While the actual ‘walk’ (rather more of a mass lurch) takes place starting at 7p, at Noon the gates will open for public access to ten mobile food trucks, live music, a Thriller Dance performance, a beer garden, and – most importantly – an official counting of the Zombies for another Guinness World Record attempt!
Doors open to the public at Noon, with an entry cost of $5 for Zombies and $10 for non-zombies. Volunteers on-hand to help register and line-up the zombies will be local folk, earning the 10% of ticket sales expected to go towards the B.F. Day Playground Improvement project.
The program for the day, as posted on the Red, White & Dead Facebook page, lists:
- 1p – DJ Spacemonkey set (music)
- 1:30p – Under The Red Door (music)
- 2:15p – Disco Cowboys (music)
- 3p – Sugar Sugar Sugar (music)
- 4:15p – The Pharmacy (music)
- 5p – Thriller Dance performance by Seattle Thrillers
- 5:15p – Secret Show (music)
- 6p – Fashionably Undead Costume Contest
- 6:15p – The Grizzled Mighty (music)
- 7p – Guinness World Record Attempt Zombie Walk
KISW 99.99 FM will be on-hand, outside the Zombie Beer Garden Quarantine area, and expect plenty of gruesome surprises and pleasures throughout the grand gathering of ghouls.
To date, the official world record holder for most zombies is New Jersey with 4,093. While everyone who attended Red, White & Dead last year would agree that Fremont well-exceeded that number, the Guinness World Record keepers didn’t. This year, if Fremont is to take the title, bring friends, family, and the kids out to join this this infectious pop culture flash mob experience.